Check out my

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Arrival in Budapest!

After about 20 hours in the air, i arrived at my first destination, Budapest, Hungary. I had arranged accommodation through couch surfing and my host met me at a Mcdonalds near his apartment. I caught a bus and subway, and found the place really easily. Robert, my host, was quite friendly. He told me tales of his couch surfing adventures and travels across the globe. Later in the evening we took a walk through the city and i got to see the Christmas markets which were very beautiful with illuminations. For dinner i was invited to his co-workers dinner party and i had the opportunity to taste some traditional Hungarian food and drinks. By the end of the night i was so exhausted i could've fell asleep at the party. But it was a fantastic first day in Hungary and another reason i love couch surfing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment