Check out my

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Arrival in Prague


It's always hard to say goodbye and leaving Serbia at 6am was no different. Strahinja and I rushed to the station only to be told by ticket inspectors that my ticket had not been validated (it had) and I had to pay a fine of 1,000 Dinars ($13 AUD ). Feeling a bit annoyed we travelled on to the train station. For some reason we could not find a direct train or bus to Prague so ended up having to go back to Budapest, and then buy another ticket. This meant 14hrs or so on a train (yay).

Finally arriving in Prague i met my host at the train station and we went back to his house where i was able to try a traditional Czech potato soup he had made earlier. We chatted, had a drink and went to bed. The next day i started my investigations of Prague, a very beautiful city but quite touristic - with souvenir shops and money exchange at every corner (but nobody to change my Dinar into Euro!). I saw the famous Astronomical clock (first picture) in the town square, drank some hot mulled wine (second picture), bought some post cards, admired the local crafts at the Christmas stalls and took many photos. In the evening i got a city view from up the tower and then walked by the river to admire the bridges that were lit up.

No comments:

Post a Comment